Call Us | 318-377-1555
Louisiana Federal Drug Crimes Defense Attorney
Arrested on federal drug charges?
Penalties for Louisiana Federal Drug Charges
Federal drug charges are severe, and offenders may face lengthy prison times, hefty fines, forfeiture of property, and other consequences if convicted. Also, the court will impose the minimum mandatory sentence for a federal crime, which ranges from five to 20 years in prison.
The exact penalties for your charges will depend on various factors, including:
- The amount and type of drug involved
- Whether minors were involved
- Whether an individual was harmed or killed during your drug operations
- Whether or not a weapon was seized
- Your criminal history, including whether you have any prior drug-related arrests or convictions
It’s also important to note that federal drug crimes can be prosecuted in addition to state drug charges, which can result in even more severe penalties. Therefore, facing charges as serious and intimidating as federal drug charges can drastically affect your life. That’s why it’s crucial to seek help from a skilled Louisiana criminal defense lawyer.
Work With a Federal Drug Charge Lawyer to Fight Louisiana Federal Drug Charges
Federal government agencies tend to have significant resources and can aggressively pursue convictions for drug crimes. Therefore, defending against federal drug charges can be challenging and requires the guidance of a federal drug charge attorney. Our experienced Louisiana federal drug charge lawyers can help you develop a strong defense strategy for your case. Some of the ways we can fight your federal drug charges include the following:
- Illegal search: We can try to show that the drugs were uncovered in an unlawful search, which is a violation of your rights.
- Lack of possession: You did not have the drugs, or they were not under your control.
- Entrapment: If law enforcement officers induced you to commit a drug crime that you would not have otherwise committed, we might be able to argue entrapment. We can show that the officer’s conduct made you commit a drug crime.
- Lawful purpose: This defense applies if you were under the mistaken belief that the substance in question was legal, or you had a prescription for the drugs in your possession while undergoing legitimate medical treatment.
Since each case is unique, we will analyze your case’s specific facts and circumstances and determine the possible defenses available to you. We have extensive experience defending clients against federal drug charges. Reach out today and let us aggressively fight for your rights.
Contact a Dedicated Louisiana Federal Drug Defense Lawyer at John D. & Eric G. Johnson Law Firm
Federal drug charges are accompanied by complex legal proceedings and stringent penalties. Conviction may result in lengthy prison sentences, high fines, and other significant consequences, such as the loss of professional licenses, immigration issues, and the stigma of a criminal record. That’s why having a federal drug charge lawyer with the experience and tenacity to fight against relentless prosecution is extremely important.
Skilled Louisiana federal drug defense attorneys at John D. & Eric G. Johnson Law Firm have a proven track record of aggressively defending clients charged with drug charges in a federal court. We are ready to answer any questions and help you through these life-changing charges. Call us at (318) 377-1555 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation and receive comprehensive representation in your federal case.